TS/SCI – Cyber Systems Administrator (Firewall) Washington DC – DIA HQS
Cyber Systems Administrator (Firewall) Washington DC – DIA HQS
⦁ Manage the functionality and efficiency of Palo Alto firewalls.
⦁ Remain proactive in identifying, analyzing, and resolving technical issues involving Palo Alto firewalls.
⦁ Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
⦁ Participate in special projects as required.
⦁ Assist in the planning of system enhancements and upgrades.
⦁ Assist in the development of documentation on new or existing systems.
⦁ May provide technical OJT training and guidance to less experienced team members.
⦁ May serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
⦁ May provide leadership to less-experienced team members.STANDARD CHARACTERISTICS
- Perform a variety of Information Assurance (IA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) functions which are broad in nature and support multi-tier IA and CND functions to include, but not limited to, systems engineer, audit/inspection, infrastructure support, certification and accreditation, vulnerability management, detection and response support services
- Provide support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program
- Provide security certification test and evaluation of assets, vulnerability management and response, security assessments, and customer support
- Provide support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation
- Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes
- Prepare and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs)
- Execute policies and guidance provided by senior functional/technical lead
- Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex – researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Leadership/Management. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
- Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
- Capabilities and additional Requirements. In addition to Standard Characteristics of Labor Category, interact with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to define and achieve required IA objectives. Provide daily oversight and direction to contractor Cybersecurity Officers. Serve as an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
Education and Experience:
- HS/GED + 10 years
- Associates Degree + 8 years
- Bachelor’s Degree + 6 years
- Master’s Degree + 4 years
- PhD + 2 years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org